- A score of 1 indicate equivalent strain throughout the lesion
- a score of 2 indicate strain in most of the lesion with some areas of no strain (a mosaic pattern of colors);
- a score of 3 indicate no strain in the central part of the lesion (only the central part of the lesion is colored red);
- a score of 4 indicate no strain throughout the lesion (the entire lesion is red)
- a score of 5 indicate no strain throughout the lesion or the surrounding area (the entire lesion and its surrounding area are colored red)
> Itoh A, Ueno E, Tohno E, Kamma H, Takahashi H, Shiina T, et al. Breast disease: clinical application of US elastography for diagnosis. Radiology. 2006;239:341–350.